Monday, May 28, 2012

Make-A-List Monday - Happy Memorial Day!!

Hi, all!


I hope you have all been enjoying a safe and happy holiday weekend - we've been out on the boat once this weekend and are getting ready to go out again this morning as soon as the coffee (and other assorted caffeines) kick in!  But keep in mind while you're partying the real reason for the holiday, and say a word of thanks for all the military folks who have protected our country, past and present!


I think I did pretty well on my list last week - well, me and Jolene did!  Let's see how it went...



1.  Make my H2H quilt!
Done!  It came out well, and I had fun with the quilting...



2.  Quilt three H2H quilts for international participants.
Actually, when I pulled them out, there were only two - but they're Done!




3.  Make a quilt for a 12-year old boy with leukemia.
Done!  As Sharon says, hopefully this quilt will make him feel as brave as lions!



4.  Make a quilt for a woman with cancer.
Done!  You'll read more about this quilt on Wednesday's Sweatshop update...
 


5.  Make kits for the quilt ministry.
Done - sort of!  I made one, but it got snatched right up, and one other lady made one, then decided to take it home and make it!  Oh well, a kit-maker's work is never done!

6.  Begin working out - walking or exercise - at least 30 minutes per day, five days a week!
Also done, sort of!  I did eat much better this week - and got in a good bit more exercise than I usually do!


OK, so that's how I did last week!  Let's see what's on the schedule for this week...

1.  Quilt and bind a top for a cancer fund raiser.

2.  Re-assemble a 1600 quilt top that had some issues.

3.  Clean out my junk room (now that I have storage space on my fabric shelves!)

4.  Make up kits for the quilt ministry on Tuesday and Thursday.

5.  If no new needs come in, quilt two ministry quilts to get ahead.

6.  Decide on a quilting design for my Jacob's Ladder quilt.

7.  Start keeping little Miss Emmalyn on Friday!


I can tell you I'm a little excited about that last one - I get to start keeping my newest granddaughter during the day when my daughter returns to work - woohoo!!  It will be interesting to see how she does with Jolene - I'm hoping the sound of the quilting will lull her to sleep!!

So that's my week ahead - should be interesting to see how much of it I can get done!  

Oh and by the way - if you haven't already seen all the beautiful quilts that have been created for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge, you ought to check them out - lots of wonderful quilters have really come through this year with some fabulous quilts!  And there's still time to join in if you're fast or if you've got a quilt just looking for a good home, so go check it out!   The linky party closes Saturday 6/2 at midnight, and then there will be some awesome giveaway items given out on Sunday!!  Every quilt gets you an entry for the giveaways....

And now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what a kit consists of? Do you pull fabric and a pattern, do you cut it? Do you only do the top? Thanks, I've been wondering for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know the answer to that first comment as well. I was thinking of maybe making some kits. Your little granddaughter is precious. I am praying to be pregnant with a little girl of my own soon. We have two boys. Its time for more girl power around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am overwhelmed by the quilts made for H2H! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list just wears me out!!! Enjoy the wee one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a wonderful list of completions as well as for the new week. Enjoy the little one - they only stay small for such a short time. My week - get my computer repaired - I have a lot of hand work to do as well as housework to catch up on while 'Dell' is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Em is a charmer! So cute! If you start your quilting with a comforting song while you sew, I'll bet the sewing sounds will be soothing to her.

    This week it is 2 pink, yellow and lime green baby sized quilts. One will go to my DIL's sister who is having a baby. The other goes to my daughter... she's always been a giver, and now that her world is upside down she can't do the things she used to do. I thought I'd make some quilts for her to donate. She knows people that deserve them. So 2 birds with one quilt.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sarah ! ms. Emmalyn is gorgeous !!!! but ; you already know that ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huhmm... after I joined your blog and read last week's To Do list, and then this week's To Do list, I decided I could not even mention what my list holds! Then again, I know two of my three boys will keep me busy, will try to finish more Christmas gifts, design another landscape quilt... Still can't beat yours!!! :-) Enjoy the baby!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!