Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Make-A-List Monday - Time for (oh no!) Housework!!

Hi, all!

Is it really almost the middle of September?  How does the time fly so quickly?  My FIL and SIL are coming to visit this week - when they gave us the dates for their visit, it seemed like such a long time away - but now it's here, and you know what that means - dreaded housework!  Oh well.... but first let's see how I did on last week's list...


1.  Make quilts for a mother and son who were in a bad car wreck this past week.
Done!  Both these quilts were delivered today!





2.  Bind the quilt for my FIL.
Done!   I can't wait for him to see the finished quilt!

3.  Finish up the guest room and mini guest room for our upcoming company.
Partly done...  I moved the furniture around in the mini guest room today, but I still need to make the bed up.  I've done some of the work in the main guest room - mainly I just need to get some tools and things moved out of there.

4.  Quilt at least five quilts for Rogersville.
I managed to get six quilts ready for binding...

5. Make three computer sleeves for the craft show.
Well, they're cut out - but that's all....

6.  Make six journal covers for the craft show.
Same here - all cut out and no place to go!

7. Make two first aid kit rollups for the craft show.
Cut but not sewn!

8.  Keep up with ministry needs as they arise.
Done - and the reason why I didn't get to the craft show stuff!  In addition to the mother-and-son quilts in #1 above, I've been working on three other quilts for the ministry.

I also didn't get to some of my list because I had Saturday morning with my sewing sisters - and taught a class in free motion quilting. Getting ready for that took some time!

That's what I got finished last week - not as much as I'd hoped!  And much of this week needs to be devoted to housekeeping (gasp!) so that my in-laws don't run screaming from the house.  So what's on this week's list?

1.  Finish up the guest rooms so they are warm and inviting!

2.  Put away the stacks of stuff that have accumulated around the house.

3.  Clean the house until it shines!

4.  Bind two quilts for the ministry.

5.  Make a back for a ministry quilt.

6.  Quilt and bind a third ministry quilt.  

7.  Keep up with any other ministry needs that arise!

I probably won't have much time to sew this week after my in-laws arrive - it might seem a little anti-social to leave the room to go sew!!  So I'll have to get in my sewing in between cleaning up.  I guess it can be a reward for finishing a task!!

Now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. My goodness! You have been busy. And so much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but you could sew down bindings in the presence of your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made out my list prior to coming across your blog message. Oh my you do get stuff done!
    My week has been planned so I can fit my sewing in between my accounting clients! Without too many details I want to complete a pattern I am writing up, make at least one test of it, as well as complete another Raggedy set, start the 15 inch set (clothing is done). Cut out another 15 inch set for a custom order. Need to make an accounting business trip out of town on Friday.This weekend make another test of the pattern I am creating. Hopefully I can get it in done this weekend! Somewhere in all that begin making a baseball t-shirt quilt for my grandson! First I am taking a nap since I have been up since 4:30 a.m. I have two mailings to complete for clients which happened to be for two different ministry groups that send out missionaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your company. The quilts you finished this week are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the finishes! You all do such lovely work - love being the operative word there...
    I had a finish, too. I made a robe for the hubby. His old one was disintegrating.
    I'm supposed to be packing and cleaning to move, just not much heart in it yet...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippie! My future FIL is coming on the 24th and I can't wait! It still seems like such a long way off. We haven't seen him since March, so this visit is long over due. It's so great when family comes to visit, isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You get a lot done girl! Every single point has something accomplished. I'm impressed. And you know, you can always bind those quilts while chatting with company :) but after all you've done, you have my permission to take a break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Housecleaning always takes a (far) back seat around here--until I get wind someone is coming over. Then it's on, in high gear. I hope you have fun with your guests!

    I'm pressing and folding fabric...dull, yes, but it also gets me back in touch with the current state of the stash. And I can only ignore the pile of prewashed fabric hanging over the back of the office chair for so long. I happen to have found a few pieces that may work well together in a little project, something fall-like. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You still get so much done even with having to deal with the dreaded housework. Enjoy the visit.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!