Monday, February 22, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - No Rest For the Wicked

Hi, all!

Monday came so fast this week!  Time just flew by and I had to do some scrambling today to get things on my list done... but that's okay - it felt good to focus on completing things.  So let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Finish the two weighted blankets.
Well, technically, the blankets are finished - I have two of these...


...and two baskets full of the weights for each of the blankets.  They are slightly different in weight, so I have to keep them separate, and I don't want to put them in the blankets until I've got the covers finished, just to be sure they don't get mixed up!


But I still need to make the covers - probably an afternoon's worth of work, and then they'll be done!

2.  Make the back for the secret gift quilt.
Done!  Isn't this gorgeous?  It turned out even better than I thought it would...


3.  Finish the fifth Nifty Nines quilt top.
Done!  I finished it up this afternoon, and I think you're going to love it!  There will be a reveal and tutorial on Sunday...



4.  Choose the design for the sixth and final Nifty Nines top.
Done!  No teasers on this one - I think it's going to be something special!

5.  Contact potential sponsors for the Hands2Help Challenge.
Done!  Keeping my fingers crossed as I wait for responses...

6.  Write the tutorial for the fourth Nifty Nines quilt top.
Done!  You can see it here.... and here's a pic of the quilt itself!


7.  Bind four ministry quilts.
Done - and of course, I forgot to take pics!

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry need that come up.
Done!  February has been a quiet month, all around, but we did give away a few quilts this week...


This quilt went to a woman who just underwent a double mastectomy...


This quilt went to a baby boy who was just diagnosed with neuroblastoma in his chest that is also invading his spinal column.


And this quilt went to the baby boy's mother, who can wrap up in it in the hospital and feel the love and comfort of lots of prayers for her and her little boy.

*&*&*&*&*&*

And I did get to spend some time with these two little munchkins...


...they were really hamming it up for the camera this morning!

So with a big push today, I did manage to get a good bit done this week! Hopefully I can do as well this week.  I've got lots of deadlines coming up in a hurry - so let's see what's on tap for the week.

1.  Finish the covers for the weighted blankets.

2.  Quilt and bind the secret gift quilt.

3.  Draft the pattern for the sixth Nifty Nines quilt.

4.  Start working on the sixth Nifty Nines quilt.

5.  Work up an estimate for a baby t-shirt quilt.

6.  Finalize the scrap challenge parameters.

7.  Bind two quilts for the ministry.

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Whew! I think that's definitely enough to keep me out of trouble - I'm going to have to start getting up earlier, at least if I want to get in any exercise this week!!  It's a crying shame that quilting and piecing don't burn calories....  

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, I sent you and e-mail last Friday and it came back un-deliverable and I have your address right.Then I sent another one. Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tossed in a pixelated heart table topper that wasn't on my to do list for the year. I just couldn't resist. I'm so far behind! Looking forward to the new tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a very long time since I have added my comments. I am now retired and the quilt project list is long. This week, I want to get my youngest grandfather's birthday quilt started, keep up with the 365 sampler quilt blocks, the Splendid Sampler blocks, and start on the 9 patches for my guild challenge. That should keep me busy in the studio. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, you have been busier than I have. :) I did work on a small quilt top today though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!