Monday, September 5, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - Hello, Fall!

Hi, all!

The traditional last day of summer has come and gone - I hope you had a fabulous Labor Day weekend!  We played with the grandkids, had some great food, and were just basically lazy - a great way to spend the weekend.  Still waiting for cooler weather, though - something to look forward to!!

Last week didn't go quite as planned, quilting-wise, but I did get a good bit done.  Let's check last week's list!

1.  Keep working on the secret project items.
Done!  I tested some patterns and purchased some items I needed - now it's time to complete some things!

2.  Quilt the string star quilt.
Didn't get to this one - although I did get the back made for it!

3.  Piece at least one of the t-shirt quilt tops.
Done!  It was a close thing - I pieced this one this afternoon - but at least it's done!  



4.  Quilt six quilts for Stash Builder Box.
Done!  Aren't they pretty?



5.  Quilt at least three quilts for the quilt ministry at church.
Done - sort of.  I didn't quilt any quilts, but I did put binding on seven quilts that are now ready to be given away.  It's a nice couple of stacks!

 

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away a lot of quilts last week...

This one went to a woman with stage 3 cancer going through chemo...



...and this one went to a woman who was just moved into memory care.


This quilt went to a woman just diagnosed with cancer...


...and this one went to an 18 year old girl with a brain tumor.


This quilt went to a woman with leukemia...


...and this one went to a woman going through breast cancer treatment.


This quilt went to a woman whose son died very unexpectedly...


This quilt went to a two-year old girl whose mother just died...


And this quilt went to a woman with serious medical problems.


I also made this really cool purse organizer while testing a pattern for the secret project - I LOVE this!!!  I definitely see more of them in my future...




So - - - I didn't get everything finished that I wanted to, but I think I did pretty well all in all.  Here's what's on the horizon for this week...

1.  Quilt the string quilt.

2.  Piece the second t-shirt quilt top.

3.  Mail the Stash Builder Box quilts to Amanda for distribution.

4.  Keep working on the secret project - finish some of the WIPS this week!

5.  Prep work for the quilt show at our local small-town festival, coming up soon!

 6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Fairly short list, but I really need to get some things finished this week - unfortunately, things I can't show yet.  But it will be nice to have finishes!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Sarah, your ministry quilts are made with love and true thoughtfulness, and must be so appreciated. What a great purse organiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blocks,blocks,blocks...365, farmer's wife, magic of christmas sew alongs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no substitute for her mother's love, but I know the 2 year old will receive comfort from the sweet quilt for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week will be slack for me. I ma spending a lot of time with Mom prepping for her cataract surgery. (eyedrops four times a day and she is not able to do it herself.) Then Surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty quilts. I am sure the recipients are appreciative. :) That purse organizer! Too cool. I finished 2 quilt tops and totally finished a table runner. Then went to the beach for the long weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading your blog for a short time now and really enjoy it! It is wonderful all that you achieve with writing a goal list and then presenting it in your blog, a really great idea. I think all of the quilts that you helped make and give away to each person will make a tremendous impact in their lives and that is such a magnificent achievement. Thank you for giving and sharing all that you do! Have a fantastic creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always make me smile to think of all the quilty hugs your ministry creates!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!