Monday, September 26, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - Anticipation!

Hi, all!

It's Monday again, and I'm anticipating an upcoming trip to the beach - I can't wait!  But there's lots to do before I can dip my toes in the ocean and sit in the sun - and play with my grandkids!!  The first thing on the list is to make a list (something a friend of mine who is a fellow list maker reminded me!) so here goes...

First of all, let's see how last week's list went...


1.  Keep working on the secret projects 
(and post some sneak peeks!)
Done!  I've been sneak-peeking a bunch...






2.  Mail a commission job to Malaysia.
Done - that was quite the experience!  Customs forms are so much fun to fill out...

3.  Meet with a new client on a commission for three t-shirt quilts.
Done!  Apparently t-shirt quilts are my life - but at least they pay the bills!

4.  Make a block for a friend's secret project.
Done! 

5.  Start working on two baby quilts for October babies!
Both tops are done!




6.  Quilt a few quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done!  I quilted two for the ministry, but forgot to take pictures of them.... of course!

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  It was a little calmer this week...

This quilt went to a woman whose son died unexpectedly...



...and this quilt went to a woman battling lung cancer.


This quilt went to a woman who is dealing with the potential and looming loss of a parent to illness...


...and this quilt went to a woman just diagnosed with breast cancer.


So a pretty productive week!  I did some other stuff too, that I'll show later in the week. And here's what's on my radar for this week...

1.  Quilt and finish the two baby quilts.

2.  Order supplies for the new t-shirt quilt commissions.

3.  Order more batting for the quilt ministry.

4.  Pull together handwork projects for vacation.

5.  Pull together a box of fabric the kids can play with when they want to be "like Nana" on vacation!

6.  Clean up the house so the dog sitter doesn't run away screaming...

7.  Change the oil in the car.

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

I'm sure there's more that I need to do, but I'm writing this as I watch the presidential debate and I keep getting distracted.... so this is going to have to do for now!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

Linking up with "Let's Make Baby Quilts" 
on Michelle's Romantic Tangle!



5 comments:

  1. Your quilting week has been a whirlwind of activity.And although orange is not one of my fav colours, and I have hardly any in my stash or fabrics, my favourite today is the one with orange offsetting the purple, black, green and white.What gifts to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have had a whirlwind of activity! How do you manage to get so much sewing done? Seriously. How do you do it? :)

    I'm working on many BOM's, crocheting the border of my grandson's afghan, Quilty 365, and Frankenstein sewing some batting.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a list yesterday but it's not just for this week...lol! Finish QAYG blocks (done), work on Splendid Sampler blocks, pick fabrics for Bundle Buster pattern, baste and quilt Garden Gate & Oversized Postage stamp quilts, start Schnibbles Scratch quilt. I tried a 'sample' Bundle Buster with random FQ from my stash so now I need to finish that as well! I wanted to get a lot more done last night but kept getting distracted by the debate as well...oh well, there's always tonight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such an amazing job with these lists! I make lists too but they are only a fraction of what you accomplish...and a lot less interesting...LOL
    I have a question for you...I finished the t shirt quilt I was making. I used the lightest weight fusible, I think they call it lingerie fusible. Anywho...my thread kept breaking while I was sewing on it. Do you have much trouble with sewing in the fusibles? Just curious. Hope your beach trip is soon and loads of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, as always, Sarah. How do you do all that you do? Have a safe and fun time at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!