Monday, July 31, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Back to the Real World!

Hi, all!

Wow, it's been three weeks since I did a Make-A-List Monday post!  The 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop really takes a toll on regular blogging.  It's a lot of fun, but it's good to get back to normal again!  

I know it's been a while since I made this list, but let's see how it went...

1.  Finish writing the tutorial and blogposts for the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop. 
Done!  It was a mad dash to get them written in time, but I did make it!  So many great ideas on this year's hop - if you didn't check it out during the hop, you should now!!

2.  Make the backs for the t-shirt quilts.
3.  Baste and quilt those two quilts.
Done!  The quilts are finished and delivered...



4.  Cut out the pieces for the photo memory quilt.
Done!  And I started sewing it up today...

5.  Print the photos for the photo memory quilt.
I didn't get to this yet - but I did figure out how to make those annoying lines across the picture go away!

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
A quiet two weeks.... This quilt went to a woman who's husband died unexpectedly...


...and this quilt went to a woman with ALS.


We also gave a quilt to a gentleman undergoing surgery for possible lung cancer, but I forgot to take a picture of that one.

OK, so I made good progress on the list.  Considering I had an unexpected trip to Virginia for six days, I'm happy I got as much done as I did!  Here's what's on tap for this week...

1.  Print the photos for the memory quilt.

2.  Assemble the memory quilt.

3.  Assemble the SBB Special Project quilt.

4.  Cut out the twins quilts.

5.  Finish up the 12DCIJ blog hop stuff - giveaways, updating the tutorials page.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

I'm going to keep it short and sweet this week - I really want to get that memory quilt off my plate so I can work on some non-commission projects!  I've got a plan for my Gypsy Wife quilt - stay tuned for that a week from Wednesday.  This Wednesday, though - a special post!  Free Spirit Fabrics gave me the chance to play with some new Anna Maria Horner fabrics, and I'll be unveiling my projects then.  The kiddos and I did a photo shoot today, and I think the pics came out really good.  Come back Wednesday and see!

And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. plenty achieved once again. Interested in the photos on a quilt will you be using the Threads fabric to print on, they are really pushing it here in the UK on craft channels but not sure it works as easily as they say. Have it on my list to check out at the quilt show

    ReplyDelete
  2. not much....vacationing with family in maine...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a stressful week with planning Mom's memorial, but I did finish a quilt and it helped.
    I also realized that I need to get things done, instead of putting them off.
    My list is on my blog.

    https://melsquiltingblog.blogspot.com/2017/08/motivational-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the T-shirt quilts. Can't wait to see the SBB quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's done, the "Trip" top is done. Next is to get it to a LAQ. Feeling VERY pleased!
    Next up: I'm trying to organize a t-shirt quilt for my son.
    Debbie
    ollieami@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those T shirt quilts and I can add that my grandchildren do too. I thought they were just kind of bland when I finished the tops but when I saw them after they were quilted I was just so proud of them. The kids don't know how to appreciate the difference, but I do. They just love the memories and the fact that Grammy made them. They will take them to college with them. Thank you for taking my efforts and making them works of art!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!