Friday, August 25, 2017

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Finally Finished!

Hi, all!

Surprise!  It's Friday again - or at least, that's the feeling I had as I looked at my email very early this morning!  I saw someone's post titled "Tiny Friday Finish" and realized I completely forgot to write my blog post last night like I usually do - so my husband says maybe I should call today "Oops Oops Friday"!!  Whatever you call it, it's time to share and do a little happy dancing - are you ready?  Let's get started!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I am so very happy to say that I will be mailing the last of the Hands2Help quilts to Emily today for Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo!!!


This pretty quilt came all the way from England!  The top was made by Margaret C., and it was my pleasure to quilt it for her. Margaret also donated to a local charity but wanted to send one for a US charity too.


And oh, wasn't it fun to quilt one made by one of my own patterns?  This bright happy quilt was made by Darlene H., and is sure to brighten someone's day and bring a smile!


This final quilt wasn't made by me - my friend Lisa H. made it - but it's joining the other two in a big box for Emily.  Lisa has recently jumped into quilting with both feet and has been making some beautiful quilts, both for charity and for family and friends.  It's been a lot of fun to see her progress!

Better late than never, right?  I'm awfully glad to have these off my plate, and especially glad that Emily takes quilts all year long!  Unfortunately, cancer never takes a break.

Can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you...

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - Prayers for those in the path of the hurricane this weekend!  I'm watching the news this morning, and it looks like you all are in for quite a storm.  Stay safe!  And while you're thinking about it, say a prayer for my sweet little granddaughter Emmy - she's having her tonsils out this morning.  Maybe say one for her mom, too - she'll be staying home with her for a week, and trying to keep her entertained and quiet while she heals.  Unfortunately, we'll be on vacation so I won't be here to help.  I feel so guilty, I bought Emmy a whole bag full of goodies to help keep her occupied!



14 comments:

  1. Some pretty quilts -- I love the stars! Lisa's quilt is very pretty too! Prayers for your granddaughter (and daughter too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those big stars in that one quilt. I'm sure your granddaughter will be fine and hope you enjoy your vacation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilts! I especially like the star quilt in the center. It looks like they just want to spin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for all things listed. Have a nice vacay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the interlocking stars! Well done on all! Prayers going up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These three quilts will definitely be loved by the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great that more quilts were donated. Prayers all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These quilts are wonderful. Thank you ladies for your generosity. They will bring so much comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the quilts! I hope your grand daughter recovers quickly and that she will enjoy all the goodies you gave her. Have a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilts and praying for your Granddaughter as well as for your daughter. And thanks for the prayers from you to us South Texasans who had to evaluate from our homes (Corpus Christi) to higher grounds, hoping to have a home to go home to.
    Jeri Oldtisme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess Fridays sneak up on you like they do the rest of us! Great charity quilts. I especially love the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your finish! Love the star! Keep meaning to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to get the pattern "nan" #47 I am new to patchwork and quilting but I do a lot for our oncology department and for those who transition to terminal. I have always worked with crochet but my time now is precious and I want to teach my granddaughters and have some gorgeous keepsakes. I am not sure if I saw it on your site but I also saw a sampler. If you have one i would be so very grateful kindest regards Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just sent a request for the pattern number 47 nan but forgot my email address! It's lorraineshonacooper@gmail.com thanks x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!