Friday, October 27, 2017

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? I Hear Those Sleigh Bells...

Hi, all!

Well, Friday has rolled around once again, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!  Now, I know that since we are now officially less than two months away from Christmas, it may start to get hard to show what you're whooping about, but try - those whoops can give you the will to press on, you know!

This week, I'm whooping about getting a great start on the grandkids' annual quilts!  For those of you who haven't been around the blog for long, each year I make each of my grandkids a quilt for Christmas.  I try to make it reminiscent of their past year - reflecting something they really liked that year, for example - and I put a label on the back that tells a little bit about their year.  Kind of like a memory book.  My daughter wishes they were memory books - they'd be easier to store - but my philosophy is that they won't have to buy quilts when they finally move out on their own!


This will be Nathanael's quilt this year - a giant plus quilt!  Those squares each finish out at 8", which made this a really quick quilt to make.  I started cutting after lunch on Sunday and had it completely pieced before suppertime!


Here you can see the superhero sheet which was the color inspiration and will become the back of the quilt.  Nathanael is all about superheroes, so he should love it!  His quilt is twin-sized, because he doesn't have the stash of bed-size quilts his sisters have. Special request from mom so she didn't have to put a "girlie" quilt on his bed if it got messed up in the night....


And Emmy's quilt, which is taking significantly longer to piece, is at least well-begun!  I love these "under-the-sea" fabrics, and those mermaids are to die for!  I love that they're not childish, so this quilt can grow up with her.


Lilli's quilt, unfortunately, is still a bag of blue scraps, but I do have a plan and it should be fairly easy to pull together once Emmy's is finished.

But wait - - - there's more to whoop about!  Have you seen #getyourquiltywishesgranted3 on Instagram?  I happened to come across someone who was wishing for Christmas fabric scraps, and since I had a box full of scraps I've been trying to use up for years, it seemed like a match made in heaven!  So this happened today...


I am doing a serious happy dance here, because that's the first time I've ever had an empty stash of Christmas fabric scraps!  And after making all those pillow cases, the yardage is seriously minimized now too.  That means that if a new Christmas line comes out that I love, I can buy some without guilt!  Whoop Whoop Whoop!!!

And that's what I'm happy dancing about today!  
Can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping today?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. Those quilts are womderful!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do a happy dance too if it meant I got rid of "seasonal" themed fabrics ----

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even started any Christmas sewing yet, now I'm feeling guilty. What a lovely idea to make them all a quilt every year, they will have such fun reminiscing with them when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilts. The mermaids are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great whoop whoop post. Everything about it makes me smile. Your idea of annual kids quilts is fantastic, although I have no idea how you manage it. Clearly I quilt too slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those Mermaids! They will be perfect to grow up with -- even when they are in their 60's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that - their memories - and thats funny - your daughter wishes they were books ha ha - I like your plan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those mermaid fabrics are so fun!!! Your Grandkids are going to love these quilts!!! And I am sorry, my linky got messed up the first time so you can delete 39. I tried to but it wouldn't let me, sorry for the inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work gifting those Christmas scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving how the mermaid quilt is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to get rid of scraps! I have to go check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those mermaids are delightful! An empty scrap bucket! Will it stay empty for the rest of the year? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!