Friday, January 19, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Memories....

Hi, all!

Wow, can you believe it's Friday again already?  It seems like the week just flew by - partly because we've been snowed in for most of that time!  But it's time to get our whoop whoop on, so let's get started!
*&*&*&*&*&*&*      

This week I was honored to make some memory pillows for a friend of mine.  Her father died last year and she wanted pillows for herself and her children, made from his shirts.


These are very simple pillow covers - the buttons on the regular shirts serve as the opening to insert the pillow.  The pockets are there to hold kleenex, a tiny toy or small book.  The T-shirt pillow has an envelope closure on the back.


But the best part?  When I delivered them to my friend, her youngest came over, peered in the bag, and grabbed the red one, saying "MINE!"  I'm so glad to know they will be well-loved!


And I had another little finish this week - another quilt top for the Scrumptious Scraps quilt-along!  I'm having a lot of fun working on these quilts, and I can't wait to share them with you.  Scrumptious Scraps starts the last Sunday of January...




And lastly, my friend Amy at Diary of a Quilter shared this wonderful meme on her Instagram feed and it was too good not to share with you all!  It also provides a really good opportunity to remind you that the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge 2018 is just over the horizon.  Let's do some little bits of good together!

(And speaking of Hands2Help, I'm looking for three more guest bloggers, so let me know if you're interested!)

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you!

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



                                                             

16 comments:

  1. Sorry Sarah, I've messed up the photo on the link, so I have put two links. Please can you remove the blank photo link - I can't work out whether I can do that myself.

    Absolutely love the memory cushions.

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy using the front of a shirt with the buttons as the back of a pillow. It makes a neat closure with so little work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillows are fabulous. What a great way to use up the shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from the Middle East! I'd love to know more about Hands2Help and how I can join in.. and I'd be happy to be a guest blogger :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pillows Sarah, and the little one grabbing that red one, just precious. Once my daughter lets go of my dad's dressing gown/housecoat (she's had it since he died in 2008, says she still can faintly smell Grandpa), I'd like to make a couple of memory pillows like these. Don't think we kept any of his shirts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've made the pillows with shirts, too - wonderful memory pieces that can be shared by more family members than a single quilt. Very intriqued with the new quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Pillows you did fro a friend. Sorry you were snowed in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops! For some reason I linked up twice! Sorry!
    I love the shirt pillows. They are definitely on my list to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pillows are a great memory. I like the use of the buttons. I am sooooooooooooo glad it's Friday. It's been a crazy work week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a scrumptious scrap quilt! And I really love the pillows - how clever to use the shirt buttons as the opening. I never come up with those ideas on my own, so I really get a kick out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cute pillows and your scrap quilt. Don't you just love quick projects? And to help your friend is really sweet of you. Hope you have a warmer week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have two of those wonderful pillows! One from each of my grandfather's shirts. I had the best grandpas EVER! It does kind of feel like I am hugging them again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the meme!
    The memory shirt pillows are wonderful! So thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing the memory cushions... another great way to use shirts. A friend had teddy bears made of her husband's shirts to give to the grands. I like the simplicity of the pillows. What is involved in being a guest blogger? I'm looking forward to both the Hands2Help and Scrumptious Scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made a pillow this week, too! Also, I'm so sorry, but for some reason I linked my blog up twice. I thought the first time didn't go through but then, of course, when I checked after the second try...there I was! Sorry about that. But thanks for hosting this each week -- I enjoy checking out what everyone is doing and finally have something to share myself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pillows are so special. The little one claiming a pillow right away if precious. Sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!