Friday, April 9, 2010

A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll....


Hello, all!

Well, it was just that kind of day - I had to finish piecing a quilt top that was definitely out of my comfort zone - very country (Charlie Daniels-ish so to speak) and it was the second one that I had done like that in the past four days. (Here's a picture of the quilting in progress.)

After I finished it, I decided to reward myself with a few minutes to piece some much more contemporary squares for a quilt I'm making for my daughter to auction off to raise money for her adoption fund. I had so much fun doing these! I started with some leftover squares and fabrics from a quilt I made for my granddaughter for Christmas, and just started stitching and flipping. They're wonky, but they're fun!


My daughter is hosting a silent auction in June to raise funds to help offset the cost of their adoption. I'm hoping to get three or four quilts finished by then for her to auction off - it'll be a stretch, but I've always worked better under pressure, so maybe I can get it done! I hit a great sale yesterday at a local quilting fabric shop and picked up some great Michael Miller and Sandi Henderson fabrics with the intention of making a couple of the super-size Shoo Fly quilts, then hit Joann's today for the Kona cotton for the backgrounds. I can't wait to get started on them, but I've got to finish these two country quilts first! So, three guesses what I'll be working on tomorrow, and the first two don't count!

Later!

Sarah

1 comment:

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!