Monday, April 5, 2010

Whew!!

Hello, all!

Well, I managed to get a quilt top pieced today - one of five that we currently need for our church ministry. Thankfully, I don't have to piece all of them - my friends Cassie and Patsy are each working on one, and I had another one already pieced and ready to quilt. I'll be cutting out another quilt tomorrow! At least I don't have to worry about what I'm going to do with my day...

We had a wonderful Easter - three great services with more than 2300 people in worship! Then we got to spend the afternoon with our daughter and her "in-laws" family - lots of good fun, fellowship and laughter! Our granddaughter Lilli has really taken to Easter egg hunts - but she has a unique take on it. She picks up the plastic egg, opens it to see what's inside, and if she likes it, she puts it in her basket - if she doesn't, she puts it back on the ground! My daughter was very upset about Lilli's criteria for keeping an egg - she goes by color, meaning she likes the brightly colored marshmellow eggs - and puts all the good chocolate back! And don't you just love her shirt? It's a custom design by my daughter's friend, who runs MaggieMoo'sMom. Check out her stuff - it's super cute!!

We also had a great sewing group meeting on Saturday - we even had two new sewers show up! One of our regulars learned how to make a pieced back for a quilt she's had in progress for several years - I bet she'll finish it soon!

Well, that's all for now - I've got to get to work on some stuff for church. Later!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. She is just too cute!! Carver does the same thing... he even told my mom on Sunday that he didn't want that egg... she said... it has money in it... he said.... i have money at home! :) Kids are funny!

    Hey... please let me know about cards... what you need me to make if you still want me to do it. I really want to. Just need to know if it is for women/girls, etc... if you want a sentiment on the outside or blank.. etc!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this post! I am so glad that Lilli loves her shirt and she looks amazing in it! Thanks for my mention. Your family is so sweet!

    Alison
    @ maggie moo's mom

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!