Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Few Random Thoughts.....

Hi, all!

First of all, a great picture of my two girls taken by my husband Father's Day weekend - aren't they gorgeous?

I have finally managed to get the fabric and instructions together for my very first quilting bee - they go out in the mail tomorrow!  I'm so excited to see the blocks as they come back - but I almost think I'll be more excited next month, when I get to work on blocks for someone else!

It is very VERY hot here in Nashville, TN right now - the hottest June on record since 1952!  But I have made a discovery that I missed out on when my daughter was little - Play-do is the world's greatest invention! Lilli will sit and play with it for hours while I cut fabric or clean up and be happy as a clam!  Can I buy stock in this company????  How did I miss this 25 years ago??????

Two more quilts go to church tomorrow to be given away through the quilt ministry - and I'm thinking about organizing a one-day quilting bee to make another.  It's amazing to me how it seems there's a constant need for quilts - for a fledgling ministry, we've stayed really busy!

I'm excited to see the start of the Simple Sampler Quilt-Along - the first two blocks were posted today!  It  may be time to pick out my fabrics now........  There's still time to join in if you want to come along!!!  The link will take you to the information about the quilt-along, and today's post on Amy's Creative Side will give you the first two blocks!

Stay cool!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it has been so hot here! If it is this hot in June what will it be like in August! Hopefully you are staying cool. Can't wait to get your fabric in the mail! Oh and I am doing the Simple Sampler too! Just finished the first 2 blocks tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture of your girls! Sounds like you've got some great projects in the works. Looking forward to seeing how they all come together for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!