Friday, June 18, 2010

Sew&Tell Friday- By the Skin of My Teeth!!

Hi, all!

Well, it's been a weird week - I thought I'd have lots of time for sewing this week, because my granddaughter was in Vacation Bible School this week and not here - but my husband took a few days off, didn't go out of town when he was supposed to, and we both got a mild stomach bug!  The best laid plans of mice and men and all that......  But anyway, I got to work yesterday afternoon and finished off this collaborative effort - the 9-patch blocks were pieced by my friend Patsy.  Patsy has a new (little!) grandbaby that she takes care of during the day, and she's found out that it's not so easy to sew with a little one around!  So I finished off this quilt which will be used in our church's quilt ministry.....



And since my little assistant wasn't with me today, I thought I'd try out a new one....








but she wasn't interested and left without participating!  This is Fly, our 2-year old border collie - definitely a teenager - she only does what she wants when she wants!!


I'm also busy auditioning fabrics for the Bee Splendid quilting bee - what do you think?


The Lillibug is spending the night with Nana and Poppa tonight - we're watching a movie and having a  party, complete with cake and ice cream!  Poppa brought home play-do and they are having a fun time playing together.....   Fun times!!



Be sure and check out all the other fabulous finishes at Amy's Sew & Tell Friday!!

Later!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful quilt. I never paid attention to orange till Pat Sloan had an Orange Project challenge and now I love useing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty finished quilt! I am really loving the orange. Your fabrics are all so pretty. I like that red and yellow and gray daisy print in the lower left corner especially! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..gorgeous...lovely orange and green fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pretty back as well as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Done, nothing was going to stop you this week,not even a stomach bug. God bless all the grandparents out there. My parents are both dead and I miss them both and it is such a loss for my kids.Andrea XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. the quilt looks wonderful. Love your colour choices. Enjoy your movie night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, cheerful quilt! HA! Maybe Fly is just a really quick quilt inspector. I've heard that Border Collies are really smart. :-) Looks like Lillibug and Poppa are having a great time.

    Sorry to hear you were sick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that batiks are the BOMB! Love the quilt and Fly too. :) Sew On!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful!

    How precious to see your husband and your granddaughter playing together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sew & tell!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!