Thursday, July 8, 2010

Christmas in July Blitz #2

Hello, all!

Well, I'm back again with come Christmas projects - and since they're also blocks for the Simple Sampler Quilt Along, I'm killing two birds with one stone!  It only seemed sensible to make two sets of blocks each week, since they are fairly quick to put together.....  So here's the blocks I've put together for the first quilt:


And here's the blocks for the second version:


So these are coming right along - I'm also starting to think about the best way to use a Christmas honey bun I picked up - a Mary Engelbreit series called The Caroler.  I'm thinking about using the Pinwheel Baby Bonus Tutorial found on Spun Sugar Quilts' blog.  I think with just a little finagling I can make it work with a honey bun!  Gotta drag out the graph paper and see what I can do....

So that's my Christmas in July blitz for this week!  Have you started on Christmas?  If so, what are you working on?

Later!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I like your simple sampler blocks, both sets, so far! I have started on Christmas and have a few blocks made so far that I will probably talk about tomorrow. That's a cute pinwheel baby bonus quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it Sarah! Lovely fabric choices. Sew On!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!