Friday, April 1, 2011

Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?? No April-fools - I'm brown-baggin' it!!

Hi, all!


It's Friday again - and time to get your Whoop Whoop on!!  Are you ready?  Remember, you've got until Saturday at midnight to link up.  And take a little time to check out the other links and leave some bloggy love!!


And now....


Are you part of that group of crazy quilters doing the Brown Bag Challenge?  I've seen people all over blogland mentioning on their blogs that they're working on their brown bag quilt this week - it seems I'm in good company in leaving things until the last minute!  But finally - it's finished!




I had originally planned to make a modified bento box design using the Fibonacci sequence to determine the size of the strips - but my niece went back to school and with her went all my mathematical ability!  My blocks didn't quite work out sizewise (a really good argument for making a test block or two, but I ran out of time!) so I switched the design around some and this is the result.



Three of the fabrics I was sent are in the front of the quilt...



and here's a closeup of the back, showing the fourth fabric I was sent. It really didn't work well with the three on the front, but it worked great with that green and purple print that I picked up in Hawaii!!


So that's my whoop whoop entry for this week - what do you think?


-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

And now it's your turn!
What have you got to share this week?
I can't wait to see...
So link up!  What are you waiting for?
;-)

Later!

Sarah
PS - Be sure to stay tuned in - 
I'm working on a challenge for all of us that I'm really excited about - more details to come soon!!


I'm also linking up today to Lynne's "Fresh Sewing Day" - go check it out!!


And one more PS - be sure to hop over to Megan's blog - she's having her very first giveaway - and it's a good one!!





13 comments:

  1. great quilt! I don't have a post to link this week - I am in Berlin on a business trip (cool city, but I'm homesick!) It's funny, I was just talking about the Fibonacci sequence at lunch with a colleague yesterday, and explaining about how relevant it is for knitting and quilting patterns. Scientist by day, most of my colleagues think I'm a nut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brown bag challenge? I've seen it referred to, also. But I don't know what it is. Sounds like fun! You did a really good job in putting together those colors, and of course, the bright back is what I love! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt turned out very nice....I didn't do the brown bag but I did finish a March UFO
    http://www.joscountryjunction.com/?p=3686

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks great! It was a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out great even with its challenges that the rest of us wouldn't have noticed. Looks like it was meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt totally looks like you planned it that way to begin with. Nice job! I really like it! Whoop! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice quilt, love the front and the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you really rose to the challenge presented by your fabrics, and it looks great! Who'da thunk they'd all play so nicely together? Whoop-whoop for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bright and cheery quilt! I think you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make them behave and get along! Nice job! I finished mine at 7 last night:)

    I'll be watching for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a Whoop Whoop quilt for sure. Great job. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Quilt -- I like the idea about the BB challenge, but I will have to enjoy through you. I just love visiting your blog and hope to join in with a Whoop by next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job, I barely recognized the fabrics I sent you! The idea behind the quilt is interesting and super creative.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!