Friday, July 15, 2011

Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?? Today I'm a Cheerleader!!


Hi, all!


It's Friday again - and time to strut your stuff!  What have you been working on this week?  Show it off and let us all see!


-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

For my whoop-whoop this week,

I'm sharing not some of my own work, 

But pictures of my friend Kathy


And the grade-schoolers she worked with this week.


They had a ball learning to quilt.



They made four Great American Jelly Roll Race tops.



Those quilts will be finished and used 
for our church's quilt ministry.


She had loads of help - Cindy and Cindy's mom, (sorry, I can't remember her name!), Marsha, Kathy's twin nieces, Cindy's two kids - all of which is good because they ended up with fifteen kids to teach!!  Almost double what we were told would be the limit for the group - but it worked out well and they all had a great time!  Thanks, Kathy!!


Here they are with their finished quilt tops, 




and with the little mug rugs they made to take home!!



I also want to share a few of the tops that my sewing sisters made last Saturday - I couldn't be there, unfortunately, but they had a great time!

Here's Deborah with her top, made with a Buttercup jelly roll!


And here's Cindy's top - I love the way hers turned out - very different! 

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

So that's what I'm whooping about this week!  You know what - it's kind of fun to show off someone else's accomplishments!!  

So do tell - what have you been doing this week??  We can't wait to see!  And remember you've got until Saturday night to link up.....

Hugs!

Sarah

23 comments:

  1. Those girls look like they had such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project to involve the girls in! Love the jelly roll race quilts - I made one for the first time last weekend and it was sure fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely work and hopefully some young quilters for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, beautiful tops and so awesome to see the girls sewing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice group of girls that look like they had sooo much fun together!! Their tops and mug rugs are super cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pat on the back to the girls and helpers! Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOPS! Sorry I posted my Whoop Whoop pic 2X.....USER ERROR! LOL! Sew On!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had such a good time this week teaching the girls how to sew and the did such a good job. They were so excited to take something home.

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone looks like they had such a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like everyone had a fun and profitable time! Great work girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teaching all those kids to quilt deserves at least 3 Whoops!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of the moms cutting, and the kids sewing. Looks like fun for all!
    And thanks for the linky party... I know it is extra work for you. I hope I followed the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to sew! Looks like they did a great job with the quilt tops and mug rugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful of your friend to do this with the children!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome post! All the quilts are wonderful! WHOOP to the GROUP!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those quilts all look lovely those girls did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful having those future quilters so involved, looks like they had a blast! Everyone is doing the Jelly Roll Race, I guess I'll have to give it a try, looks like such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE seeing children sew!! And look at those smiling faces. Makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! 15 new sewing enthusiasts. I'm glad to hear that so many assistants showed up. What could have been a nightmare turned out fun for all. How fantastic for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They all did such a nice job! Looks like the girls had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great summer camp for kids! Your protege did such a fantastic job with them and the quilt tops are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved the pictures of the kids! The quilts are so cute. It is so important to pass on this wonderful art to the next generations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How awesome is that? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!