Monday, April 9, 2012

Make-A-List Monday #90! Back To The Salt Mines...


Hi, all!!

Monday's here again, and I don't feel like I accomplished much last week - but then, I've probably got a good excuse!   I did get a little bit done though, so let's take a look at last week's list...


1.  Finish a postage stamp quilt for the ministry.
Done!  I'll tell more about this quilt on Wednesday...



2.  Make a quilt for a man with cancer.
I didn't get to this one...

3.  Make a quilt for a woman with cancer.
...or to this one...

4.  Welcome Miss Emmalyn Elise into the world!
But we did get a new granddaughter this week!  You can
check out my blogposts here or here to see pictures...

5.  Make sure Lilli still feels like the world rotates around her!
I hope we're succeeding with this - we took her
on an Easter egg hunt on Saturday - and she looks
pretty happy!!


So what's on the list for this week?  I've got to get back to my regular routine, because there's a bunch of quilts needed right now! Here's the list...

1.  Make a "blues" quilt for a man with cancer.

2.  Make a bright quilt for a 12-year old with a rare disease.

3.  Quilt a top for a 16-year old with ovarian cancer.

4.  Quilt a top for a woman with cancer.

5.  Quilt a top for a man with throat cancer.

I don't know if I can get all of this done this week, but I need to try! At least it will keep me on my toes and active!

So now the question is - - - what are you working on this week??

Hugs!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. I finished my dress! I want to get my hexagons cut out to begin hand piecing, I also want to get a skirt cut out. Doesn't sound like my much, but I also need to get my house clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unfortunately came down with some intestinal bug (going around) on Easter Day - so I am laying low. I want to make the Jelly Roll Log Cabin quilt that Sue Durio has on her site - maybe tomorrow I will feel like a little playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged my list - lots more blocks to sew, maybe even finish a quilt top this week. We'll see.

    Just broke my heart to see a girl with ovarian cancer on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on my H2H quilt, of course!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Friday it is my father's birthday, so I am currently quilting a big quilt with a race car on him. The final project should look quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you certainly have a full list this week. I finished one of my H2H quilts and working on another :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. get a quilt on the longarm...my Miz-tahkee. Wash a fleece, card a fleece. Finish an old PIP quilt top. Work on the sewing loft organize system. Play with "out-of-town" grandboys. This last one might take some precedence over the previous ones on the list! =D

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This last week I've been working on an I SPY quilt for Hands2Help. Got the the top finished. Ready to piece some novelty fabrics for the backing.
    Bless you, as you have placed a lot on your To DO List, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah-I just have to ask how in the world you get this all done? How do you come across so many people who are so deserving of quilts? Its amazing to me! I would love to help you with quilts for whoever, I have TONS of scraps...just ask and I will whip you up some quilt tops...how about I work on the "blue quilt" you mentioned?? Just let me know!

    heygiz00@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have 2 darling granddaughters!

    This week I'm piecing the blocks together on the H2H quilt. I've almost got the rows made. That's the easier part for me. Next: rows together, then rip off the paper...

    Such worthy causes you quilt for. I'm very happy to have joined in your challenge.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your goals for one week are HUGE! I wish you luck in accomplishing these. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I started work on one of what I hope will be a quilt for H2H. The center is pieced and I cut the background for the star points today. My heart aches for the 16 year old with Ovarian cancer and her parents. I can't even imagine what they are going through.
    Thanks for sharing the photo of the princess. She looks so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your postage stamp quilt :) It is on one of my 'lists'!! Good luck with your list - you will find a way to get it all done I'm sure! Stopping by from Quilt Story link up. Amy from www.craftyshenanigans.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. No sewing this week. I am headed to New Oreleans to visit my son.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now you have two precious blessings to spoil - how fun! I often wonder how or if you sleep my dear! Praying for all of the ministry needs you share with us. How does a 16 yr old have ovarian cancer?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah, you are a true blessing to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness! Lilli is SO gorgeous!! The postage stamp quilt is so gorgeous too. What a high percentage of gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!