Monday, September 3, 2012

Make-A-List Monday - What a Workout!!

Hi, all!

Well, I have given Jolene quite a workout this week, trying to get things done before my surgery - but I think it's been worth it!  And, I'm pleased to say, Jolene has held up amazingly well!  Not a hiccup out of her.  

Here's how I did on last week's list...


1.  Quilt the child's quilt on the frame for the quilt ministry.
Done!  This pretty little quilt has been finished and delivered...



2.  Quilt a man's quilt for the quilt ministry.
Done!  I love the colors in this quilt - and the blocks, donated by Sharon, were a dream to work with!

This is how you take a picture while
holding a baby you can't put down!
Fancy, hunh?

3.  Quilt a woman's quilt for the quilt ministry.
Done!  Fortunately, all I had to do on this one was the quilting - Tracy did the binding!



4.  Quilt as many more quilts this week as possible 
to get ahead for September!
Done!  I lost count, but I think I quilted thirteen more quilts for the New Orleans mission trip this week!

A full and busy week - and lots accomplished!  Here's a look at the list for this week...

1.  Cut out Lilli's quilt for Christmas.

2.  Cut out Emmy's quilt for Christmas.

3.  Take a last load of quilts and fabric to church.

4.  Start working on the pattern book for the quilt ministry, and for kitting directions for the patterns.

Short list, but I think the first three items are all I can accomplish on Monday, my last day before surgery.  The last item is an ongoing project I want to start working on while I'm recuperating - it should  take the edge off the desire to actually quilt!  And it's something that's been needed for quite a while.

So now, the question is - - - what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. Wow! You achieved a LOT last week!!! I'm super impressed!!! ... Best wishes with the surgery this week - I will be keeping you in my prayers!!

    This week I'd like to catch up on as much of my overdue sewing projects as possible, while also doing a bit of a declutter & clean around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey! You must never stop moving! Your machine will enjoy the break while you are recovering from your surgery. Hope all goes well and you are soon back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely quilts! Ok lady - orders - you must rest while recovering! I plan on catching up on all my BOM's and quilt alongs thru this week - then I can just play the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy, quilts look great. Prayers and hugs for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness Girl! you are making us all look bad! :) Keeping you in my prayers this week and wondering if someone needs to come sit on you so that you can recuperate properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lets see, I'm going to finish a binding for a charity quilt and label it. Then, I need to start my Year of Schnibbles August project...very cute! I am also going to try my hand at spray basting my Streaks of Lightening quilt and see if I can quilt it myself...if it went to the longarmer it would be a custom job...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm working on a commission... okay, it is a quilt for my DIL, but she said she'd pay.
    Good Luck tomorrow. We'll be praying for you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, Girl!! You're smokin'!
    I LOVE the picture that you took while holding Emmy...very artistic.

    This week I'm going to keep hand quilting those fans on my Dad's quilt. I can see slow but steady progress if I stitch on it each day.

    I also need to keep piecing a top that I'm making for one of my sons.

    Bind quilt for our ministry.

    And last, but not least, plant our fall garden.

    Should keep me out of trouble.

    Many blessings on your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your surgery. I will be having laser surgery on veins in my leg on Friday. At least with a hand crank, I can sit, prop up my feet and still sew. I've been working on paper piecing this week. I hope to have 2 full blocks completed by the end of this week. I also have Quilts of Valor on Tuesday. We'll be making flying geese. Oops! The ribs are ready, gotta go eat. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm working full time this week, so mostly likely no sewing :(

    Best wishes for a successful surgery and quick recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sarah many prayers coming your ways for success on your surgery. I don't know what it is for but I will send up prayers. All of your work is so beautiful and you are such a beautiful person. Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. My prayers are with you for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Remember to actually rest a little OK.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some beautiful quilts. My husband will be glad to know his prediction was correct--"quilted it will totally change." The quilts look great, I do like that man quilt! By now your surgery is over--happy healing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!