Monday, October 8, 2012

Make-A-List Monday - Only 11 Weeks?!?!?!?!?!

Hi, all!

Monday came in a big hurry this week - seems like I haven't gotten much done, and way too much to do - because I counted up and it's only eleven weeks until Christmas!!  Ack!! How did that happen?  You'd think after as many years as I've been here, it wouldn't sneak up on me like that.....  So it's time to make that list, and check it twice, and get going on Christmas!  Are you ahead of the game, or behind like me?

Let's see how I did with last week's list...


1.  Quilt a man's quilt for the ministry.
Done!  I love this big D9P design, pieced by Deb...



2.  Quilt a woman's quilt for the ministry.
Done!  Deb pieced this one, too...


See my cute little photography assistant?

3.  Finish piecing and quilt the low volume dump-n-sew quilt top.
Done!  This one was fun to make, and fun to quilt...


A close-up of the swirly quilting...

4.  Quilt three baby tops for the ministry.
I didn't get to this one yet...

And I have a prayer request - the lady who pieced these three baby tops was life-flighted to a local hospital tonight after a seizure.  They think she might have bleeding on the brain.  She's brand-new to our group, but has already pieced five baby tops for the ministry, along with making and quilting her own full size quilt.  Say a quick prayer for her, please!

Here's what I need to work on this week...

1.  Quilt those three baby tops.

2. Make a dress for my niece's wedding at the end of the month.

3.  Quilt a man's quilt for the ministry.

4.  Choose and quilt a top for a 15-year old boy with leukemia.

5.  Keep working on the junk room, to turn it into a functional room again!!


I'm going to keep it short this week - and hopefully exceed my goals!  I've got lots of other things to work on, including quilting the quilts I've got in the works for Lilli and Emmy for Christmas.  

I'm also looking for great easy gift ideas for things that Lilli can make herself - so I can help her make presents for family members for Christmas.  If you've got any good ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Oh, and a reminder - this is the last week to link up your quilts for 100 Quilts For Kids 2012!  The linky party closes on October 15th.  Remember, you can link up any quilts you've made and donated for children, including any you made for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge.  So hop on over here and link up your quilts!!

So now, I want to know - what are you working on this week???

Hugs!

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic work as usual! I love the swirl quilting on the low volume dump top! Prayers said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts and smaller lists is good sometimes. Yes, adding my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilts look great. Love what you did with the D&S blocks. My daughter always enjoyed making safety pin jewelry. Pins and bracelets made with safety pins and glass beads. Look at CRAFTSBY AMANDA or MAKINGFRIENDS.COM I'm sure there are other sites, so could do a search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlie! I was thinking of you on my way home from our Mississippi show last night. Just wondering how you are doing. Looks like you are still going gang busters! Your quilts are beautiful! Sending a hug...
    And I will pray for your friend. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your friend is doing better...that's pretty scary. Prayers going out:)

    Great quilts! Cute little helper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knowing your friend is in the best Hands possible for all things to work together to draw her closer to Her Father!

    Love your finishes and photography helper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the swirl quilting, awesome. Prayers going out for your new team member.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that mens ministry quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let her decorate some picture frames (with pictures of her in them). She can glue on lots of fun items. One of my favorite picture frames is one my youngest (now 19) made back in preschool. The teacher added his name in paint to the frame. It still sits on my dresser, and he thinks it's cool that I still have it there. His was done on an acrylic frame, but, you could use wood frames, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, prayer said...for comfort and healing.

    Maybe she needs a quilt. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! what a week you have had. I haven't even taken that many pictures! You are a go getter, my dear.
    I'm making some binkie minders for my new grandson. His falls onto the floor, and the two doggies get it. (Fair game anything on the floor belongs to the doggies - it's an unwritten rule!) He has lost sooooo many that way. So Grammy to the rescue!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every week, you amaze me. Really, you are just awesome Sarah. Good luck on your smaller list. Wish I knew how to do small lists. Someday.

    And only eleven weeks? I think I hit full panic mode when I read that.

    Said a prayer for your friend. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your fellow ministry quilter is doing okay now.

    I don't know what you're paying your assistant, but she looks pretty laid back and relaxed on the job. She does coordinate nicely though! ;)

    Your dump & sew turned out so pretty! Good luck on that list. As I limit computer time to rest my eyes, I actually find myself (gasp) finishing a few things in the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb did such a great job with that d9p quilt! The fabrics look so bright and vibrant (much better than them drably sitting on my shelf)! Love your swirly quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!