Monday, February 2, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - Progress, and A Winner!

Hi, all!

I hope everyone is warm and safe - it's been a wicked week for weather!  But that usually means that lots of sewing gets done, right!  And according to Punxatawny Phil, we've got six more weeks of quilting weather - - - I think I'll rely on the southern version, General Beauregard Lee (informally known as Beau), who did not see his shadow!  I'm ready for sunshine and warmer weather!

Enough of that, though. Let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Work on the 4th sample quilt for the quilt along.
Done!  Well, at least the flimsy is done.  I've still got to find backing material and get it quilted. No pics yet!

2.  Update the H2H page.
I'm working on it, and it should go live in the next day or so.  I had to wait for confirmation of some of the wording from this year's charities!

3. Start contacting sponsors for H2H.
God love you, some of you have been contacting me!  You have no idea how much I appreciate all of you wonderful quilters!  

4.  Work on the commission t-shirt quilt.
Everything is organized and ready to go!

5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done!  This quilt, pieced with orphan blocks by Pat, went to a woman whose home burnt to the ground last week…


…and this pretty quilt, Janice's first, went to a woman battling esophageal cancer.


This quilt, which I am happy to say I had the opportunity to make, went to a 7 year old boy who lost his mother very unexpectedly last week.  His parents were divorced, and since he's moving in with his dad, he's having to change schools and make new friends.


We were told that he loved the color red and anything sports related.  And I had fun with the quilting - inspired by Christina Cameli's new Craftsy class!  I worked in squared spirals to give this quilt some great texture.


We also gave away two quilts that I failed to take pictures of.  The first went to a woman just diagnosed with bone cancer.  The second was given to a woman who is going through drug rehab, and is moving into a less-supervised environment.  This has been a difficult time for her in the past, and we're hoping that having tangible evidence of others praying for her will help her make it through this critical time.  

I also started working on the 5th sample quilt for the Sweet Sixteen Quilt Along!  Wow, this is really keeping me hopping!  Here's a sneak peek...


So not too bad last week - I just need more hours in the day!  Here's what's on my plate for this week

1.  Quilt the fourth sample quilt for the Quilt Along!

2.  Finish the top for the fifth sample.

3.  Work on the commission t-shirt quilt.

4.  Update the H2H page.

5. Write the H2H corporate sponsors.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.

Gosh, that looks a lot like last week's list, doesn't it? Oh well, it's just this time of the year!  But I love it!

And now - the moment I'm sure lots of you have been waiting for!  It's time to announce the winner of Christina Cameli's new book, Step-by-Step Free Motion Quilting.  Thanks to all of you who shared your funny (or scary) winter stories - I have to tell you, I laughed out loud a lot while reading them!  We had 176 entries, and Little Miss Random chose…  #4!!

I love her tutorials on her blog, and am very interested in this book. :) I follow with Bloglovin.

Congratulations, Jasmine!  I'll be emailing you soon!

And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

And just a reminder - the adoption quilt raffle/fundraiser is still open until Thursday at 5 pm.  You can read more about it here - we're still at only one quilt, but we're close to the point where I'll add in another quilt - won't you help us #bringNathanaelhome?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I saw my name and squealed out loud. (My boys gave me a funny look.) This week I am actually preparing for a free motion quilting class I am teaching at my local quilt shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on log cabin blocks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me and I can feel the love and support of all you gals when you share the quilts that are given with such heart in them. I'm just doing a little organization and play projects this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Jasmine! Loving that churn dash quilt. I'm working on the X blocks for the Good Night Irene quilt...slightly more tedious (all those corners, sheesh) but it's moving along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilts made for the ministry this week. I love the one with the stars and churn dashes.
    I'm working some new Dresdens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been working on Sweet 16 blocks! I've got 17 made so far. I'm hoping to pair them with some Xs and make a Good Night Irene for H2H... don't hold your breath. You know how slow I am.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!