Monday, June 15, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - The Heat Is On!

Hi, all!

The heat is on!  We've already moved into 90+ degree weather here in middle Tennessee, which means it's great weather for staying inside and sewing, right?  I mean, when you can't be out on the lake - but that's what weekends are for.  

Last week, around Thursday, I would have said that I wasn't going to make it through my list - but I tell you what, I was on fire today! And I managed to finish off my list - woohoo!  Let's see how it worked out...

1.  Mail all of the Hands2Help prizes and my own H2H quilt donations.
Done!  Wonder of wonders, I managed to confirm all the dresses of folks I had to mail to right away, and I mailed out 48 packages on Tuesday!  My local (tiny) post office loves me.....

2.  Work on the checkerboard quilt.
I not only worked on it...



I managed to finish quilting it today!!



3.  Work on the retirement quilt.
Done!  We've got about 150 signature blocks ready to be signed, but there's still about 250 more to make!

4.  Start working on a commission job - a baby quilt and pillow made from the grandmother's wedding dress.
Done! I've been deconstructing the dress this week...



5.  Make a patchwork basket.
Done!  I really like the way this one came out, although I want to try one with some smaller patches.  Where are those mini-charm packs I've got stashed away???



6.  Finish the sashiko pillow top.
Done!  I'm happy with the way the navy batik works with the sashiko panel.





7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done!  It was a pretty quiet week, only two quilts...


This one went to a gentleman diagnosed with prostate cancer...


And this one went to a man who had surgery for thyroid cancer this week.

Today I put the binding on three quilts for the quilt ministry, too!


And that was in addition to making the back for the checkerboard quilt and quilting it, finishing the sashiko pillow, and making the patchwork basket! It was a GOOD day!!!

And here's what I'm hoping to work on this week...

1.  Put the binding on the checkerboard quilt.

2.  Continue working on the retirement quilt.

3.  Continue working on the wedding dress quilt commission job.

4.  Start cutting out my vacation quilt.

5.  Quilt two quilts for the ministry.

6.  Make another patchwork basket.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.

We've got three sewing meetings at church this week, so I may not get to all of this, but it will be fun to try!  One of our sewing dates is a "Block Party" - we are all going to make one particular block, which can then be assembled into quilts for our high school students to take on their fall mission trip to distribute to the people they minister to.  Should be fun!!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. I made 3 collapsible fabric trays for gifts. I can't show them until next Sunday, when all three are given as gifts. Now I'm off to Quilts of Valor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the checkerboard layout...I'm making blocks like that and am interested in doing something similar. Did you put black in the setting triangles? Love your patchwork basket too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, the setting blocks and the sashing are Kona Indigo.

      Delete
  3. Sweet little basket. This week I'm working to finish the son in law wedding quilt.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. A block party sounds like so much fun! Congrats on all of your finishes! I am going to try to work on some blocks that are already cut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a successful list!

    I'm catching up on the Farm Girl Vintage blocks that I got behind on while visiting my son last month. I'm also working with a group from work on knitting helmet liners for the soldiers. Keeping busy and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...I want to be like you...but no energy here!! Good work~~

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!