Friday, September 16, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Secrets Revealed...

Hi, all!

Welcome to Friday!  I know for some of you it means the work week has ended and it's time to play - hopefully in fabric!  It also means that it's time to share what we've been working on and do some whooping - are you ready? I know I am!  So let's get started!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

First of all, I've got something special to share!  If you read this blog regularly or follow me on Instagram, you know that I've been working on a secret project for the last month or so.  Well, I've finally been set free to tell you just what that is all about!  

When I was at the beach earlier this summer, I opened an exciting email from Westminster Fabrics asking if I wanted to be involved in the launch of a new Kaffe Fassett fabric line.  Wow!  Believe me when I tell you it didn't take me two minutes to type a quick response with my HECK YES answer!  Then I did a little happy dance (ok, a huge happy dance!) and started thinking about what I wanted to do for the fabric launch.  


Take a look at the beautiful fabrics in this collection!  Gorgeous warm tones of orange, yellow, pink, sky blue, turquoise, and gold....


Sophisticated cool colors in shades of deep blue, green, aqua, deep pink, and warm brown evoke an entirely different feeling...

This new line is called Artisan, and contains a wide variety of fabrics - quilting cottons, batiks, yarn-dyed wovens and trendy ikats.  These are gorgeous fabrics!!  They incorporate the wonderful colors we associate with Kaffe Fassett and beautiful prints that work well with the current craze for boho chic style!

And Westminster Fabrics has arranged a great way to introduce you to these lovelies - a blog hop showing off beautiful creations made using the fabrics in creative ways, all designed to inspire you to explore them for yourself!!  On each of the next seven Fridays, there will be a special blog post showing off these lovely fabrics.  Here's the schedule.....

September 16th - Introduction
September 23rd - Simple Simon and Company
September 30th - Craftsanity
October 7th - 100 Billion Stars
October 14th - Bijou Lovely
October 21st - Mrs. Schmenkman Quilts
October 28th - Confessions of a Fabric Addict (that's me!)
November 4th - Sarah Fielke

I'm so excited to be part of this fun group, and have really enjoyed playing with the beautiful fabrics in this collection.  I can't wait to show you what I've made, but there's lots to see before then!  Don't miss a stop on the blog hop!  I'll keep you updated each Friday as to the next stop on the hop. There will be giveaways each week, too! 

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And I had a finish this week!  This was a totally unplanned quilt, which is always a pleasant surprise.   When my Stash Builder Box arrived this past month, it had a pattern in it that just grabbed my attention, and I couldn't rest until I made it!  


This pattern is called Bundle Buster, and it was designed by Yvonne Fuchs @Quilting Jetgirl.  It takes 16 fat quarters and yields a 60" x 80" quilt with almost no waste at all!  


I had a bundle of Echo by Lotta Jansdotter that I had been hoarding from when I first started quilting, and when I went to check, miracle of miracles, it had sixteen fat quarters in it!  Meant to be!!  (And it makes this quilt another one for Sew My Stash 2016.)


Y'all, this is a great pattern - it literally took me three hours, from pulling out the fabric to hanging up the finished top, to get this one done!  Big blocks make it go really quickly, and a very well-written pattern makes it simple to cut and assemble.


And then I found the perfect fabric for the back - I love those birds!  A little purple binding to finish it off, and it's ready to snuggle under!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop??

UPDATE:  I have had several people ask how they can get a copy of the pattern, so I wrote Yvonne Fuchs, the designer, to see when it would be available to the general public (it was sent to people with their Stash Builder Box in September) and this is what she replied:

"I will be releasing the stand alone pattern on Thursday, so if they follow me anywhere (BlogIGFBCraftsyEtsy), they will be able to buy a copy soon!"

Be sure to watch and get your own copy of this great pattern!!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance along with you -
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah




26 comments:

  1. I sewed some blocks from the Cloud 9 blog hop. Post to come later tonight, with some more typing and editing. Those Kaffee fabrics, stunning,and I am sure whatever you have made will be equally wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you've made with the Kaffe fabrics. I like the quilt you've made, she even more lovely since she was made completely from stash. Next week I'll have a quilt finish to show, need to get the binding sewn, made entirely from stash. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your deal with Westminster Fabrics... how nice to get some free fabric to play with and I know you will or have created something awesome with this fabric..warm or cool colors! Lovely finish you are sharing also! Nice to find a place for those well hoarded precuts for sure! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabric with the birds, they look just adorable! Can't wait what you did with those gordeous fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh (squeal, squeal)...new kaffe fassetts? be still my heart....haven't seen one yet that i didn't ab-so-lute-ly LOVE....so far i'm hoarding mine, so naturally they need a new infusion....where's that checkbook???

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off - the scene from Grease always makes me smile. Hearing about a new Kaffe line does too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Bundle Buster quilt...sounds like something right up my alley! And I just so happen to have a big FQ bundle of Cotton + Steel!!

    Can't wait to see what everyone has made with the new Kaffe line!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you. The fabrics are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what everyone came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, must be that quilt I keep seeing 'upside down' - fun fabrics and look forward to the hop. The bundle buster looks like a fun pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog hop sounds like it will be a blast and those fabrics...swoon!! And congrats on a happy surprise finish...those are the best kind. Three hours from start to finish top, I'm going to have to check my PDF's to see if I've bought this one...I can't remember. I have some fat quarters that would love to be in a quilt like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun for you to participate in showcasing the new Kaffe line. I can't wait to see the projects made with it! And you have a lovely finish here. It sounds like a wonderful new pattern to enjoy some fat quarters and a fast finish. I managed to get quilting done and binding sewn on the t shirt quilt. I'm still doing the hand stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you...couldnt happen to a nicer person !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huge Congrats!!! Can't wait to see what you made up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many fun things here. Look forward to the Kaffe Fassett bloghop as I am quite a fan of his work. Also love the newest quilt - that pattern looks like it would be great as a stash busting/quick project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great bundle buster - I like that! Look forward to the hop - Melissa told me about it. Such gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more about the fabric line. Great quilt finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun for you! Those colors are amazing! Have fun with it! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being part of the Kaffe Fassett blog hop. How awesome is that?! Lovely finish too. I've been trying to find a pattern for a new FQ bundle I got for my birthday, and this just might be the pattern for it! So glad you shared this today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah, that is fantastic news! Congratulations! Oct 28th is long time to waits to see what you have created with Kaffe's new line! Your bundle buster looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was a speedy finish for that quilt! Looks great too. And I have always admired Kaffe Fassett's fabrics but that's all I can do. I can't even consider a purchase when it's on sale because it's still not in my price range. So I will just admire all the beautiful creations in the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kaffe Fasset! How exciting. I have a little bit of his fabrics....somewhere, lol. Is there a pattern for the Bundle Buster? I searched but don't see one? Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would like that Bundle Buster pattern too but I don't see it on her website or Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so excited to see your version of Bundle Buster; I think my test version took me 6 hours in all to put together, quilting, binding and all! I am so excited to be releasing the stand alone version in just a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How exciting! Congratulations, Sarah :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoop Whoop for you Sarah! Westminster picked the perfect quilter to help showcase their new Kaffe collection! As my daughter just told me she wants to make a bohemian style quilt, we will be watching the hop closely. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!